DO YOU WISH TO PURSUE A CAREER IN LAW AFTER CLASS XIIth?
If the answer to the above question is Yes, you are at the right place. Common Law Admission Test of “CLAT” is one of the premier Law entrance exams of the country which provides students admission into National Law Universities (“NLUs”) across India.
The legal profession in India has seen a tremendous growth in recent years. Traditionally, Law as a career was restricted to either criminal or civil law but, the concept has changed and now there are various specializations available like cyber laws, patent laws, international property laws, etc.
If you believe that that you have it in you to pursue a career in Law, come to us, to have what we call the Smartprep Edge.
The SmartPrep Edge
- Extensive Course Coverage: Special focus on Legal Reasoning and Legal GK to ensure maximum selection probability for the aspirant.
- Comprehensive Sectional Tests/Mock tests: Both online and offline testing for aspirants. Tests are based on latest examination pattern.
- High Quality Study Material: Study material along with books, worksheets for class room and home work exercises, with past questions and extensive practice
- Quality Faculty: Faculty who are existing practitioners or NLU qualified with in depth understanding of subject matter. Classroom orientation is towards giving results in CLAT.
- Online Support: Online support in form of practice tests and study material to study and revise on the move
- Covers all major Law Entrance Tests viz., CLAT, AILET (NLU-Delhi), SET (Law) and CET (IP University).
- Exhaustive and relevant Study Material – Concept Books, Smart Guides, Class & Home Exercises etc
- Extensive Classroom Training
- Online Academic Support
- Special focus on Reasoning, General Awareness and Legal Aptitude
- Extensive Test Practice – Mock Tests, Periodic Tests, and Speed Tests
This is a tentative schedule of CLAT 2019 Exam Dates. Whenever the official CLAT exam 2019 dates announced we will update it here:
|Admission Notification Release||3rd week of December 2018|
|Application Form Availability||1st week of January 2019|
|Last date for form submission||Last week of March 2019|
|Downloading of Admit Card Starts||3rd week of April 2019|
|Date of CLAT Entrance Exam||2nd week of May 2019|
|Answer Key Release||3rd week of May 2019|
|Representation of questions or key||Till 3rd week of May 2019|
|Uploading of amended answer key (if required)||4th week of May 2019|
|Result/Merit List Declaration||Last week of May 2019|
|First Indicative Seat Allocation Publication||1st week of June 2019|
|Date for payment of counselling fee||Till 2nd week of June 2019|
- There will be no upper age limit for UG Programme in CLAT 2018.
- As regards minimum percentage of marks in the qualifying examination (i.e., 10+2), the candidates must have secured:
- Forty five percent (45%) marks in case of candidates belonging to Unreserved/OBC/Specially Abled Persons (SAP) and other categories, and
- Forty Percent (40%) marks in case of candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST) categories.
1. Application fee for General/OBC/SAP and other category candidates: Rs.4,000/-
2. Application fee for SC/ST category candidates: Rs.3,500/-
4. The candidates themselves will have to bear the bank transaction charges for remitting the fee online
The pattern of Question Paper for the UG Courses in CLAT-2018
|(b)||Duration of CLAT-2018 Exam||02:00 Hours|
|(c)||Multiple-Choice Questions||200 questions of one mark each|
|(d)||Subject areas with weight-age:|
|1. English including comprehension||40 Marks|
|2. General Knowledge and Current Affairs||50 Marks|
|3. Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability)||20 Marks|
|4. Legal Aptitude||50 Marks|
|5. Logical Reasoning||40 Marks|
|(e)||Negative Marking||0.25 Mark for each wrong answer|
Counselling and Admissions are open for CLAT 2019 and CLAT 2020. To know more about CLAT and to book your free counselling session please give a missed call on : +91-9029006780
For Previous years question paper analysis click here