A brainchild of the Maulana Azad Educational Trust (MAET) and the Taj Group of Hotels, the Institute was conceived with the vision of creating quality hospitality professionals. In the decade since it was established IHM-A has acquired premier status among the world’s hotel management institutes.
4-yrs.B.A. (Hons.) in Hotel Management
The 4 Year B.A. (Hons.) degree from University of Huddersfield, UK, which is equivalent to a degree in Hotel Management from any Indian University. (Also Recognized by All India Council for Technical Education- AICTE).
4-yrs BA (Hons) – Culinary Arts:
4 Year B.A. (Hons.) degree from University of Huddersfield, UK .This programme, specially designed by Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces, prepares students for careers as chefs in restaurants, hotels and commercial kitchens. The aim of the programme is to assist students in examining culinary practices and relating them to modern trends. Successful completion of the programme will culminate in a BA (Hons) in Culinary Arts degree by the IHM–A and Taj.
• Students up to the age of 22 years as on August 30 every year will be eligible for admission.
• Students who have successfully passed the Std XII (10+2) or equivalent examination in any stream with English as the medium of instruction can apply for admission.
• Students appearing for their board exams in the current year are also eligible subject to successfully qualifying in the Board Examination.
• A written test: 90 minutes duration and will carry 100 marks. The MCQ type written test will be on the following categories:
a) Abstract Reasoning
b) Verbal Reasoning
c) Reading Comprehension
d) Numerical Reasoning
e) General Knowledge
• To qualify the written test, candidates will be required to score at least 45 per cent marks.
• Candidates short-listed after the written examination will be required to appear for a Group Discussion and a Personal Interview. Group Discussion will be of 50 marks and Personal interview of 100 marks.