Which are the Top Hiring Sectors?
The Chartered Accountants are not only restricted to few sectors but have an expanded role into various sectors now. The below given sectors are few of them:
|Financial Services||Chartered Accountancy Firms|
|Banking Sector||Investment Companies|
|Oil & Gas Refining||IT Sector (mostly software companies)|
|Iron & Steel||Equity Fund Companies|
|Engineering Procurement & Construction||And many more.|
Number of CAs passing & appearing in India
According to an article in The Hindu newspaper dated October 24, 2013: “Chartered accountants (CAs) were offered an average salary of around Rs 7.36 lakh a year in the latest campus placement program conducted by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI), with the highest pay reaching Rs 24.64 lakh. The institute has been conducting campus placement programs twice a year in 15 locations in the country. The highest salary offered for domestic postings during the August 2013-September 2013 round was Rs. 20 lakh a year, and for international posting, it was Rs. 24.64 lakh. On an average, the students were offered Rs. 7.36 lakh a year.”
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India’s Campus Placement Record of March 2014
ICAI had organized a set of Campus Placements at 15 centers across India for Newly Qualified CAs in the month of Feb-March 2014 for the qualified candidates who appeared for their exams in the month of Jan 2014. Given below are the statistics:
- Highest Chartered Accountant Salary for International Posting was Rs. 20.25 Lakhs p.a. offered by Sharaf Shipping Agency LLC to 2 Candidates at Hyderabad Center and 3 Candidates at Chennai Center.
- Highest Chartered Accountant Salary for Domestic Posting was Rs. 21 Lakhs p.a. offered to 2 Candidates by Bharti Airtel at New Delhi Center
- Minimum Chartered Accountant Salary offered by a Corporate was Rs. 3 Lakhs p.a.
- Average Chartered Accountant Salary offered was Rs. 7.38 Lakhs p.a. (CTC i.e. Cost to Company)
- 80 entities comprising of CA Firms and Companies participated in the Campus Program with a total of 136 Interview Panels being formed
Total 717 Candidates were offered a Job in the Campus Placement organized by ICAI in the month of Feb-March 2014
Candidates who went through the recruitment drive were given the following benefits as well:
- 2 chances of appearing for the campus interviews – 1st in bigger cities and if not successful there, then 2nd option to go for smaller cities.
- Orientation Program for grooming the soft-skills of all the Candidates
- Candidates were also provided e-learning opportunity on 2 topics namely Business Etiquette – Gaining that Extra Edge and Mastering the Interview.
Synopsis of the Campus Placements
|Chartered Accountant Salary||No. of Candidates (March 2014)||No. of Candidates (September 2013)|
|9,00,000 & above||145||79|
|7,50,000 to 9,00,000||83||115|
|6,00,000 to 7,50,000||254||110|
|5,00,000 to 6,00,000||174||163|
|4,00,000 to 5,00,000||18||113|
|3,00,000 to 4,00,000||7||–|
Some of the Top Companies which participated in ICAI Campus Placements
|Accenture||Hero MotoCorp Ltd.|
|Axis Risk Consulting||Hindustan Unilever Ltd.|
|Barclays Shared Service Private Limited||Honeywell|
|Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited||Indiabulls Housing Finance Ltd.|
|Bharti Airtel||ITC Limited|
|Bosch Limited||Jindal Steel & Power Ltd|
|Credit Suisse Services India Pvt. Ltd.||L&T|
|Flipkart Internet Pvt. Ltd.||Lanco Infratech|
|Galaxy Surfacants Ltd.||LIC Housing Finance Ltd.|
|Gujarat Narmada Valley Fertilizers & Chemicals Ltd.||Macquarie Global Services|