- Where used : Schools, Organisations, Government Bodies
- Why used: To inform people about various events or issue, public instructions etc.
- Types :
b) organisation/Office/Various Associations
c) Government Bodies
Points to Remember:
- Box is mandatory.
- Word limit: 50 words
- Personal pronouns are not used
- Use passive form of voice. Write from a third person’s perspective.
- Style & tone of the language should essentially be formal but a notice from an individual (like lost & found notice) can use informal style as well.
- Strictly follow the format
Marking scheme: Total 4 Marks
- Heading – ½ marks
- Date of issue – ½ marks
- Name & designation of issuing authority – ½ marks
- Content & expression (accuracy & fluency): 2 ½ marks
- Word limit – 50 words for the content
- Notice must be in a box
Value points for each type of notice:
1. Notice – Meeting/ Event
- Target Group
- Name of the event
- Specific instructions (if any)
- Contact Person
2. Notice – Tour/Camp/Fair/Exhibition
- Target Group
- Occasion (if any)
- Venue/Place of visit
- Objective – information/appeal/awareness/invitation
- Specific instructions – do’s & don’ts/ things to carry/ visiting hours etc.
3. Notice- Lost/Found
- Article Lost/Found
- Identification mark
- Whom to contact/when/where
- Promise of a reward
- Students mention the name of the organisation first.
- Name of the event should come first as given in the format
- Signature should be done in the end and then full name of the issuing authority to be mentioned.
1) Traffic Advisory
2) School Notice – Meeting
Ashwani/ Aastha Sharma, in charge of the NSS club of St. Andrew’s School, Kashipur, is asked to write a notice about a fair being organised by the club to collect articles & money for people affected by floods in Uttaranchal. The notice will be put up for students on the school notice board. Write the notice in around 50 words, including relevant details such as purpose of fair; kind of stalls-games, food etc; contributions accepted; fair timing etc. in your notice so that students may contribute generously. Do not give extra information. Put the notice in a box.