Planning to appear for BBS / BFIA / BBE entrance by Delhi University? Below the details you should be aware of.
Beginning of online application : Expected to start in the 1st week of April, stay tuned for details.
The selection criteria for the same is as follows
- Joint Entrance Examination (Weightage – 50%)
- Group Discussion and Interview (Weightage – 20%)
- Weightage for Class 12th marks is 30%.
The exam paper is expected to be broken into 4 parts
- Quantitative Ability – Based on Mathematics upto class 12th
- Reasoning and Analytical Ability
- General English
- Business and General Awareness
As of 2012, the candidates are required to attempt 100 questions in 120 minutes. Each correct answer will get a score of plus 3 marks, each wrong answer will get a score of minus 1 mark.
Below is the % share of Questions from each section in 2012 JET exam
How to prepare for the entrance exam?
- About 25-30% of questions are from class 11th and 12th Mathematics syllabus. So brush up your mathematics concepts from previous two classes.
- 15-20% of questions are from Business and General Awareness. To do well in these sections just revise concepts covered in Business Studies as well as Economics in the school. Please also look at our post on how to prepare for the GK and general awareness section here.
- Since the test is speed and accuracy based focus a lot on practice after conceptual clarity.
- For the Verbal section practice and sharpen your vocabulary, sentence correction, spellings, parajumbles and reading comprehension.
- To master the area of reasoning and analytical ability, practice variety of questions from this section, as this section has lot of different topics.
If you need any help, please visit our forum and ask your questions there. Our faculty will be happy to help you.